Before starting a scan, you'll need to specify a task list for the scanner.
Type what you'd like to scan into the Quick Add field and press Enter.
Here you can type in the following:
- Network name
- 192.168.0.0/24 (allowed CIDR notation number range: from 16 to 30)
- 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 (allowed masks range from 255.255.0.0 to 255.255.255.252)
- IP range
(the total number of hosts must not exceed 65536, i.e. X.X.0.0-X.X.255.255)
- Shortened IP range
- Windows workgroup name (prefixed with WG:)
- Domain controller
Hostname or IP address of a controller prefixed with AD:
This works even when your PC is not in a domain.
- LDAP notation
Only works when your PC is in a domain.
- Shortened LDAP notation
There are several ways of defining an Active Directory object. These notations are converted into LDAP and can only be used from inside a domain:
- Organizational unit
- Exception task
A hostname or an IP address of a node that needs not to be scanned, prefixed with a "-"
The Quick Add field stores the history of commands you typed in, similar to how Windows command prompt does. Browse recently used commands using up and down arrow keys.
The Add scan task group on the sidebar contains these items:
- This PC: adds a task for scanning the computer running the current instance of TNI 3.
- All assets: adds tasks for rescanning of each asset in the storage.
- Selected assets: adds tasks for rescanning of the selected assets.
- IP networks
This group contains automatically detected networks that your network adapters are set up to use.
- Windows network
Here, all visible Windows workgroups are listed.
- Active Directory
Your default naming context and root domain naming context are presented here.
The Connect to domain option allows to use another domain controller. It has the same effect as typing AD:<hostname or IP of a domain controller> into the Quick Add field.
Rescanning network nodes
You can create tasks for rescanning the existing nodes in several ways:
- Simply type the hostnames or addresses of assets into the Quick Add field;
Select the corresponding nodes in the Network tree with your mouse or using Shift or Ctrl and drag them into the task list area:
Drag and drop a group, and a task will be created for each asset it contains.
- Use All assets or Selected assets from the Sidebar;
- While in any mode (not necessarily the Scanner), select Rescan from the context menu of a node or a group.