To build a report on one or several assets in the Storage, you must first select them in the Network tree.
In certain cases, the report will be rebuilt automatically in response to your actions. But whenever report customization takes several steps (e.g. when selecting several assets one by one), no auto-updating will occur; press F5 or click the blue hint bar to update the report manually.
To build a group summary, choose a group while in the Single selection mode.
The resulting report will provide an overview of the group contents:
- The number of online and offline assets;
- The list of assets that were scanned recently;
- The list of assets that were not scanned;
- The number of physical devices of each type;
- The list of virtual devices including the virtualization platform names;
- The list of computer models;
- The list of operating systems discovered in the group and the number of copies of each;
- The list of alerts in the group.
Clicking on the gear button to the right of the Group summary item in the Sidebar will open its settings, where unwanted overview items can be disabled.
The gear button to the right of the Alerts item in the Sidebar opens the alert settings window.
Report on selected assets
1. Select one or several assets
Remember: to include only one asset in the report, it's enough to click it (when the Multiple selection mode is disabled); to include several assets, you need to first enable the Multiple selection mode by ticking the Several assets checkbox.
The Sidebar will display the list of information categories that can be used to build a report. Contents of this list depend on the number and type of selected network nodes.
If a single asset is chosen, a list of its snapshots will be displayed at the top of the main area:
To switch between snapshots, use the Earlier snapshot and Later snapshot arrow buttons or select a date from the drop-down list. When the snapshot is selected, the current report will be automatically rebuilt.
When several assets have been included in a report, only the latest snapshots are used.
2. Select the report categories
Click one of the categories to see a report on it for the selected assets.
To include several categories in a report, tick the Several categories checkbox. As a result, a checkbox for every category will be displayed. Tick the categories of interest and refresh your report.
The main categories are sorted into groups: Hardware, Software, Other.
The contents of the main categories are described in the Collected information section.
- General information: an overview of network attributes, operating system and hardware;
- Alerts: detailed description of problems found on the asset;
See the Alerts section for more information on how alerts work.
The number to the right of the category title is the total number of alerts for the selected assets.
Hover your mouse over the Alerts category to display a gear icon that takes you to the Alert options screen.
- Custom information: additional user-created fields;
See Special fields for more info.
- Users: information about the user assigned to the asset.