The properties of the current Storage can be edited by switching to the Edit mode (Ctrl + 6) and selecting the Storage properties page in the Sidebar.
A Storage name is its current title displayed in the Network tree, storage summary report and other places.
A Company name and a Company logo can be displayed in the header of a printable report.
To add a logo:
- Prepare an image (JPEG, BMP or GIF);
It's advisable to have a logo of reasonably good quality and with a white background.
- Click Add and select the prepared file;
- Crop unnecessary parts of the image in the editor that appears;
- Click OK.
Use buttons to the right of the logo to load another image or remove the logo.
Inventory number generator
TNI 3 can generate inventory numbers for the network assets automatically.
The inventory number template may contain arbitrary text and the following macros:
- # : unique counter. This number will be unique among inventory numbers built with this template only;
- #* : globally unique counter (unique for the Storage);
To add leading zeroes, put several # symbols in a row.
For example, if a template "#" generates "3", then "###" generates "003".
- %TYPE% : a short declaration of the device type (WIN, MAC, LINUX etc);
- %HOSTNAME% : asset's network name;
- %IP% : asset's IP address;
- %IP.Х% : values of a particular octet in the IP address (X is a number between 1 and 4).
You can quickly add macros from the macros menu (the button to the right of the template string).
Generate for all generates new inventory numbers using the specified template for all assets in the Storage.
Automatically generate numbers for new assets: if this box is checked, the inventory numbers will be generated for all assets added to the Storage.
Reset counters: after resetting, the numbers generated and assigned using # and #* templates will start from 1 again.
You can assign arbitrary inventory numbers to assets without using templates or the generator by manually specifying their numbers on the Network node properties screen.