Software deployment via the SMB protocol
How it works
- The following files are uploaded to the administrator share admin$ on the remote computer: the Tsdservice.exe executable (the agent), Script.scr (deployment settings),TweakInstaller.32.dll and TweakInstaller.64.dll (used for making screenshots during the Macro playback), the deployment package file (its filename depends on the software ID in the Storage and on the recording method) and program's installer (if needed).
- TSD's main unit connects to the Service manager on a target PC, installs an agent and runs it as a service.
- The agent creates a custom hidden desktop where the installation process will be performed.
- The agent loads the file containing deployment settings, runs software installation, then waits for final software to be installed while logging the whole process and stops.
- TSD's main unit imports log files into the deployment history.
- The agent service is uninstalled, and all deployment files are deleted.
No traces of deployment will remain on the target PC after the deployment is complete.
Requirements for the target machine
|CPU||As recommended for the installed OS|
|RAM||As recommended for the installed OS|
|Drive space (macro and silent install)||~2.5 MB + (program installer size + program's space requirements) * number of programs to deploy|
|Drive space (system shot)||~2.5 MB + (deployment package file size, which is about twice the size of the installer + program's space requirements) * number of programs to deploy|
|TCP ports||139, 445|
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
|Windows version||XP Pro, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2003/2008/2012(incl R2)/2016|