Actions can notify you and take certain measures when the sensors you've created change their states.
In the Actions tab you can:
- view the list of actions already added to the monitor;
- add a new action by pressing Add new action (+);
- select an existing action and edit its properties using the Edit button;
- remove the selected action by pressing Remove action (-);
- test run an action using the Test button.
The list of actions is divided into two columns: Name and Conditions.
The first column displays action names; the second column displays the conditions that corresponding actions are executed under.
Also you can temporarily disable an action by unticking it.
Adding a new action
There are two ways of creating new actions:
- Creating different actions for one monitor.
Select a monitor from the monitor list, go to its properties (using the context menu or by pressing Enter) and select the Actions tab. This tab is also available when adding a new monitor.
- Creating the same action for several monitors.
Select the monitors you want to create an action with the same parameters for. Then select Add action in the Monitor menu or in the context menu.
Press + to add a new action:
- select the type of action from the Type drop-down list;
- specify its name in the Name field (this field is filled in automatically when you select the action type);
- select which of the 3 color states (and also how many in a row) should trigger the action;
- choose whether the action should be performed repeatedly while the state remains the same, or just once (the specified interval will determine the frequency of repeated actions);
- choose whether or not the action should be performed on program startup (as a result of the first check);
- enter the Alert message (only for certain types of actions).
Press Insert macro (the gear button) to add macros to the text message:
- %TIME_STAMP% (time when the action was triggered);
- %MONITOR_NAME% (the name of the monitor which the action is attached to);
- %DESCRIPTION% (the text description for the monitor which the action is attached to);
- %MONITOR_COLOR% (the state assumed by the monitor);
- %DEVICE_NAME% (the name of the device);
- %HOST_NAME% (the host name of the device);
- %IP_ADDRESS% (the network address of the device);
- %PORT% (the number of the port checked by the monitor);
- %RESULT% (the text result of the check).
Select Default message, to select the default text message.
To edit the properties of a particular action, select the Action tab.
After pressing OK the action will be automatically added to the action list of the current monitor.
A tool to monitor your local network, individual computers, and services.