Monitors allow to control various aspects of device operation. You can check any device's network activity, its network status and the status of system utilities (servers). To display the monitor list, select the necessary element in the Network tree (a device, a group or root node My Network Place).
The Monitor list is divided into the following columns:
- Monitor status: displayed in the form of a graphic icon;
- Name of the monitor;
- Device: the network address of the device which the corresponding monitor belongs to;
- Host: the unique device name;
- IP address;
- Type of the monitor;
- Interval: time frame (in seconds) between 2 sensor checks on the corresponding monitor;
- Actions: shows the action type (for a single action) or the number of actions for the corresponding monitor;
- Timestamp: time of the latest change in the status of the corresponding monitor;
- Duration of the latest sensor check for the corresponding monitor (in milliseconds);
- Stability: shows the percentage of successfully completed sensor checks (when the monitor status was green) for the corresponding monitor;
- Statistics: shows the quantity of green/red/black monitor states;
- Result of the latest sensor check from the selected monitor.
A right click on any column title brings up the context menu where columns can be enabled or disabled.
To control monitors, use the Monitor menu, the Monitor list control panel and context menus for separate monitors.
Main functions for interaction with the monitor list:
- Add monitor: adds a new monitor (active if any device in the tree is selected);
- Remove monitor(s): removes one or a number of selected monitors;
- Monitor properties: displays the properties of the selected monitor;
- Cut: cuts one or a number of selected monitors from the device;
- Copy: copies one or a number of selected monitors;
- Paste: pastes the monitors that were cut or copied into the selected device;
- Check now / Run: runs the selected monitors;
- Pause: pauses the selected monitors;
- Stop: stops the selected monitors;
- Enable actions: enables all actions for the selected monitors;
- Disable actions: disables all actions for the selected monitors, which prevents their execution in case one of the monitors changes its state;
- Add action: adds a new action for the selected monitor(s).
Ins: adds a new monitor to the selected device.
Del: deletes the monitor.
Enter: displays the properties of the selected monitor.
Ctrl+X: cuts the selected monitors.
Ctrl+C: copies the selected monitors.
Ctrl+V: pastes the cut or copied monitors.
Ctrl+R: runs the selected monitors.
Ctrl+P: pauses the monitors.
Ctrl+S: stops the monitors.
Ctrl+A: selects all monitors in the Monitor list.
Total Network Monitor
A tool to monitor your local network, individual computers, and services.