Remote uninstallation via the SMB protocol
How it works
- Executable TSDUninstallService.exe (an agent) and UninstallScript.dst (uninstallation settings) are uploaded to the administrator's shared folder admin$ on the remote computer.
- TSD's main unit connects to the Service manager on the target PC, installs the agent as a service and starts it.
- The agent creates a custom hidden desktop where the uninstallation process will be performed.
- The agent loads the file containing uninstallation settings, runs software uninstallation, then waits for final software to be uninstalled and, after sending the results to the main unit, stops.
- The agent service is uninstalled, and all uninstallation files are deleted.
No traces of uninstallation will remain on the target PC after the scan is complete.
Requirements for the target machine
|CPU||As recommended for the installed OS|
|RAM||As recommended for the installed OS|
|Drive space||~2.5 MB|
|TCP ports||139, 445|
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
NetBIOS (for Windows NT4)
||XP Pro, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2003/2008/2012(incl R2)/2016|